I am Mark Davison,
a Software Engineer
from London, UK
I am a problem solving, coffee drinking, cap wearing web application developer.
Everlution, London Software Developer Sep 13 - Present
- Outsourced to William Hill to work on two major projects. Responsible for creating a number of services built with Symfony 2/Yii and their integration with existing components
Teleperformance, Beijing Senior Developer Jan 12 - Aug 13
- Developed an intranet/extranet/internet system for the processing of visas with PHP, PostgreSQL, Node.js and Redis.
- Concieved and developed a tool that allowed the business to double centre productivity which they later went on to patent.
Towequipe, Nuneaton Web Developer Jan 11 - Jan 12
- Designed and operated two eBay stores, the Snow Chain Outlet and Mont Blanc Outlet and set up a ecommerce website.
- After migrating to Beijing I continued my employment remotely for four months.
FT Frames, Coventry Facebook App Developer Aug 09 - Jan 11
- Designed and programmed all web elements of The Artifice; a social media platform combining gaming and viral promotion. Including the Facebook application, eccommerce advertising site and film blog.
- Ran a sucessful marketing campaign on Facebook resulting in a fan page of 4 million (top 20 in the world at the time).
ZuFangDitu - Beijing Rental Map App
- A large Google map populated with scraped listings of rental accomodation in Beijing. The apartments are filterable with jQuery UI sliders on price, size and number of rooms.
- The web scraper and application backend were built on Node.js, coupled with a MongoDB document store.
Commuter Homes London - Add Public Transport Commute Times to Rightmove
- Chrome extenstion scrapes each properties location and requests commute time from workplace postcode to the property. Then adds the time and route to each listing.
- Get Commuter Homes London